Mugla is known as the hidden paradise of Turkey with its beaches, bays, and nature. Turkey’s most beautiful resorts Datça, Marmaris, Bodrum, Fethiye are in this city. The history of this beautiful place dates back to 3000 BC. It is one of the oldest settlements of the ancient Carian region. Phrygians, Lydians, Persians (546 BC), Kingdom of Macedonia (334 BC), Kingdom of Pergamon (189 BC), Roman Empire (133 BC), and Byzantines also established dominance in the region.
This fairytale place is the city where blue and green are best to go along with each other. Mugla, famous for its nature, azure sea, history, and fun nightlife, is waiting for you. This city, which has the most beautiful beaches in Turkey, is also one of the places that attract the most tourists in summer!
Let’s explore the most beautiful places of this city together!
Mugla Bays Will Fascinate You With Their Beauty
- Bordubet Bay is one of the places that everyone who comes here should see. This place, which promises pure peace thanks to its untouched nature, admires those who see it. This quiet place, where blue and green dance with each other, greets its guests with the sounds of birds. That’s why its name comes from ‘Bird’s bed’.
- Inbükü Bay, also known as Emel Sayin Bay, is one of the most beautiful bays of Marmaris. It is named after Emel Sayin, one of the famous singers of Turkey. Emel Sayin was very impressed by this place after a trip here and gave her name here. You have to explore this bay, which affects everyone with its beauty.
- Kumlubük Bay, where you can see every shade of Blue, is waiting for you to discover it. This epic place is a favorite of all who see it thanks to its clean sea and green forest. For those who want a quiet holiday, go to Kumlubük Bay, lie down on the golden sands, and take all the stress of the year here. You won’t find the peace of this place anywhere else.
Mugla Historical Museums and Places
- Both those who want to enjoy the sea and spend a cultural holiday, Mugla is for you. Mugla has a lot of museums and historical places that waiting to find out by you. Let’s take a look together at these places…
- Milas Museum, where important artifacts recovered from archaeological excavations in and around Mugla are shown, is waiting for its history-lover visitors. If you want to closely witness the traces of ancient civilizations that lived here, you should not leave here without seeing this museum.
- Marmaris Castle; Built by Suleiman the magnificent in 1522, this castle is one of the places you should visit in Marmaris. This place, which also contains archaeological artifacts, has great historical importance.
- The Museum of underwater archaeology is unique in Turkey and is one of the few museums in the world. The shipwreck of Uluburun, the oldest shipwreck in the world, is exhibited in this museum. If you look at the artifacts inside and the statue of Nefertiti, the ship left Egypt and sank a short distance from land. In this museum, you can see not only the Uluburun wreck, but also the Finike Gelidonya Cape wreck, Bodrum Yassiada wreck, a Roman merchant ship, Devil’s Creek wreck, Marmaris Sparrow Port wreck, and Tektaş wreck.
Bodrum Castle and more
- Bodrum Castle, one of the important symbols of Bodrum, was built between 1406-1523 and became the castle of the Knights Of St Jean. It was later turned into a museum, and this museum received the “special praise” award in the European Museum of the Year competition in 1995.
- Zeki Muren Museum: In this museum, where you can witness the last memories of Zeki Müren, the sun of the art, the artist’s house in Bodrum has been turned into a museum. This museum, where you can see many things about the artist’s life, is waiting to welcome its lovers.
- The House of the famous writer Can Yücel, who spent the last years of his life in Datça, was converted into a museum, and the street where the house was located was named after him. The author, who had a large share in the popularity of Datca, said that he wanted to be buried in Datca before his death.
Mystical Caves of Mugla
Yerkupe cave is a place that everyone who loves nature trips should see. It promises you a different experience with the waterfall at its entrance and the stalagmites inside. Another cave we want you to see is Nimara cave. Nimara Cave, a 100,000-year-old cave, is among the attractions with stalagmites inside. In addition, cutting tools found inside the cave indicate that people lived here centuries ago.
Beaches Covered With Golden Sands
Of course, beautiful beaches and calm sea come to mind when Mugla is mentioned. You should enjoy swimming in Sarigerme Beach, which is one of the most beautiful beaches where the deep blue sea meets golden sand. This beach, which has a calm sea, has become a favorite of visitors.
Another beach you should see in Mugla is Kızkumu beach. Enjoy this visual feast where lush trees meet blue in the beautiful Aegean sea.
Other Must-Seen Resorts in Mugla
After Mugla, we immediately think about Fethiye Oludeniz. Do not leave Turkey without seeing Oludeniz, which is famous for the beauty of its sea. You will understand why this fabulous place is called hidden paradise.
We said Turkey’s most famous resorts are in Mugla. One of them is Datça.
With its colorful streets, untouched nature, and of course, its deep blue sea, Datça makes everyone fall in love with itself. Especially if you like quiet holidays and want to rest your mind, this is the place for you.
Vacation destinations are endless in the Aegean. Selimiye is another option you should consider. Selimiye village, which is connected to Marmaris, makes everyone admire its nature and sea.
If you want a quiet holiday, other alternatives are Marmaris İçmeler and Sultaniye Thermal. Here you can both enjoy nature and have a spa holiday.
Great places that you should visit in Mugla
You came to Marmaris, you had a nice day and now it’s time to walk in the harbor on a warm summer evening, or if you say I want to do sports, you can ride a bike on İçmeler road. It’s all up to you.
You should not return without taking a cruise from here. Do not miss these ship tours where you can explore the most beautiful bays, islands, and caves of Turkey, which will make your holiday unforgettable.
- You should definitely see YalancıBoğaz, one of the most beautiful places in Marmaris. An endless sea and lush green forests… A combination of two things necessary for a peaceful holiday, Yalancı Boğaz is waiting to be discovered.
- If you are tired of hotels and want to spend a holiday in nature, Çubucak Nature Park is just for you. If you are one of those who say that you can enjoy the meeting of blue and green by camping, you should camp in Çubucak Nature Park.
- Yuvarlakcay is another place you should see. A meal in nature or the best coffee break is given here. In the middle of the water, chat with your loved ones while enjoying your meal on the other hand.
- Spend a day at Saklıkent Canyon, one of Fethiye’s most special places. This special place fascinates visitors thanks to its untouched and heavenly nature.
Nightlife in Mugla
Mugla is also famous for its nightlife. If you like entertainment venues, don’t go without enjoying the colorful nightlife of Mugla. Let’s take a look at the entertainment possibilities of this colorful city together:
- You can go to concerts! Mugla, one of the most famous holiday destinations in Turkey, welcomes special artists every summer.
- Have fun at nightclubs like crazy! If you want to spend a crazy night in amusing nightclubs, Mugla is the one for you.
- Join a beautiful show on warm summer evenings! You can participate in a different show every night in Mugla, which has a different entertainment option for everyone.
Writen By : Seyma Batu & Deniz Hanci